Who are we?
EngAGE transforms aging and the way people think about aging by turning affordable senior apartment communities into vibrant centers of learning, wellness, and creativity.
How do we achieve our goals?
We take a whole-person approach to creative and healthy aging by providing college-level arts, wellness, lifelong learning, community building, and inter-generational programs to older adults.
Additionally, EngAGE produces a weekly one-half hour radio show, “Experience Talks,” to shine a light on the value of experience in society and change the way people think about aging. “Experience Talks” airs for 250,000 listeners on Sundays at 5:00 p.m. on KPFK 90.7 FM in Los Angeles, 98.7 FM in Santa Barbara, 93.7 FM in North San Diego, 99.5 FM in Ridgecrest, and streams live on the web at www.kpfk.org. It is also syndicated on up to 100 radio stations nationally in the Pacifica Network. Previous shows are archived on the show’s website at www.experiencetalks.org.
It is our vision to make aging a beginning. By providing life-enhancing programs to low- and moderate-income seniors living in affordable apartment communities, they will be given the opportunity to continue to grow intellectually, creatively and emotionally. Programming will focus on the combination of mind, body, and spirit to promote active engagement and independent living, and to provide seniors with a purpose.
Program Goals and Objectives
* Develop and sustain active engagement
* Improve physical and mental health
* Promote sense of purpose and meaning in life
* Promote positive attitude and self-efficacy
* Create safe environments in which seniors can live and grow
* Develop and maintain social support networks and relationships
* Make senior apartment communities part of a healthier surrounding community (schools, businesses, government, etc.)
* Improve occupancy, turnover, costs, and design for owners
* Increase awareness of EngAGE programs
* Increase awareness of opportunities in community
* Increase senior awareness of their own abilities, dreams, goals, and purpose
* Increase societal acceptance and awareness of seniors and their worth
Click Here to Meet the EngAGE Team
Blog Administrator: Cynthia Friedlob