Yes, this is the complete picture! It’s from David Steinberg’s website bio page.
Imagine a quiet, unassuming, rather short man who:
– was already considered a legendary standup in the 1960s;
– was responsible for getting the Smothers Brothers kicked off the air at CBS;
– made Richard Nixon’s enemies list, becoming the only comedian to do so (“In America, anyone can become President. I think we bend over backwards to prove it.”);
– logged more Tonight Show appearances than any other entertainer, save for Bob Hope;
– hosted the Tonight Show when he was 26;
– had a mobster for a best friend;
– directed hundreds of television commercials;
– whose imprint on TV comedies ranging from Bob Newhart’s shows to Mad About You to Seinfeld to Curb Your Enthusiasm is as indelible as the show’s creators themselves;
– continues to work today, as revered as ever by his peers.
How could David Steinberg not be a household name?
David Steinberg. That David Steinberg. Oh?
[Some of us of a certain age who do know David Steinberg also will remember The Existential Psychiatrist.]